It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Broken Saints
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:39 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Worse, much Worse...
Not really an anime since it is neither Japanese nor truely animated (It even calls itself an animated comic or something), Broken Saints is still amazing, and worth mention.
Originally done in flash, but now released reworked and with voice acting on DVD, it is amazing, in art, story, characters, depth, sound and style.
I just finished watching it, all something like... 12 hours?
It is amazing, and has some cool action to back up the techno babble and spiritality. Even the end didn't disappoint. Usually I find the conclusion to animes like Paranoia Agent, in some way disappointing.
Slight spoiler below.
Probably one of the things that made the ending so great as it finally revealled the true villain of the series, and in the space of about an hour, led you to understand, yet utterly dispise him and his insane actions, which, of course, makes his downfall all the more satisfying.
End spoilers.
Anyway, I heartfully recommend the DVDs to everyone (note, they include nudity and lots of swearing, and violence, and stuff, so children, wait till you're old enough). I also recommend the DVDs over the Flash version. Though I prefer some of the art of the Classic episode included on the last Disc, the overall style of this "final" version is much improved, and the voiceovers add a great deal to it.

Anyway, go forth, and watch it, then come back here to discuss it.

WEEP!
<>

Kagato The Evil Genius- Now with a More Regularly updated Blogs.
http://www.livejournal.com/~kagatoteg/
http://www.xanga.com/Shadow_Mask

[ 1 post ]