It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:56 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Worse, much Worse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeeJxefijoY

Now this is a seriously messed up Series... think Paranoia Agent or Boggiepop Phantom.

It follows a group of friend living in a Village in Japan called Higurashi. Though this village and its inhabitants have some very dark secrets, including some of the group of friends the series concentrates on.

I warn you in advance, there is a lot of blood, and other seriously messed up stuff.

Basically, the series is split into Two parts, and several short arcs (they tend to be about 4 episodes).
Now for the first part, each of the arcs is a complete reset of continuity. You see four episodes, then the story ends, and in the next episode Higurashi is back to as it was at the beginning, though this time things follow a slightly different path. Also note, that with each arc, we do learn new stuff about Higurashi, and meet new characters. And I have a feeling, that which is learned from the later arcs may apply to some the pior arcs too.
It should be noted that the last arc of the first part actually seems to refer to the arc just before it, but from a different view point at a different time to when the events accur, though there are some contradictions....

I'm sure I will learn what these contradictions mean, as the first part is called Questions, and the second part is called Answers. So it seems some light is going to be shined on the mysteries of Higurashi.

I do know this, one of the arcs of Answers is the Second Arc of Questions, but from a point of view of another character, in such a way as to almost explain everything that happenned in that arc. Or something like that.

And oh, another thing I should say. Each Arc (of Questions at least) starts off cheerful and even hilarious, as the group of friends go about their lives normally. Then things start going seriously messed up, pretty sharpish.

It is a very interesting series, and I highly recommend it, if you can take it... If not, then... well don't say I didn't warn you....

Hahahahaha-ahahaha-ahahahaha-ahaahaha-ahahahahahaha-ahahahaha!

Kagato The Evil Genius- Now with a More Regularly updated Blogs.
http://www.livejournal.com/~kagatoteg/
http://www.xanga.com/Shadow_Mask

Post subject: Re: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:38 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
1st Lt, Special Ops, Department of Interstellar Security
KagatoTEG wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeeJxefijoY

Now this is a seriously messed up Series... think Paranoia Agent or Boggiepop Phantom.

It follows a group of friend living in a Village in Japan called Higurashi. Though this village and its inhabitants have some very dark secrets, including some of the group of friends the series concentrates on.

I warn you in advance, there is a lot of blood, and other seriously messed up stuff.

Basically, the series is split into Two parts, and several short arcs (they tend to be about 4 episodes).
Now for the first part, each of the arcs is a complete reset of continuity. You see four episodes, then the story ends, and in the next episode Higurashi is back to as it was at the beginning, though this time things follow a slightly different path. Also note, that with each arc, we do learn new stuff about Higurashi, and meet new characters. And I have a feeling, that which is learned from the later arcs may apply to some the pior arcs too.
It should be noted that the last arc of the first part actually seems to refer to the arc just before it, but from a different view point at a different time to when the events accur, though there are some contradictions....

I'm sure I will learn what these contradictions mean, as the first part is called Questions, and the second part is called Answers. So it seems some light is going to be shined on the mysteries of Higurashi.

I do know this, one of the arcs of Answers is the Second Arc of Questions, but from a point of view of another character, in such a way as to almost explain everything that happenned in that arc. Or something like that.

And oh, another thing I should say. Each Arc (of Questions at least) starts off cheerful and even hilarious, as the group of friends go about their lives normally. Then things start going seriously messed up, pretty sharpish.

It is a very interesting series, and I highly recommend it, if you can take it... If not, then... well don't say I didn't warn you....

Hahahahaha-ahahaha-ahahahaha-ahaahaha-ahahahahahaha-ahahahaha!

I have to say, the juxtaposition of the audiences point of view sounds intriguing. (yes I alctually speak this way = no friends) Anyway - Mezzo did this with two episodes, but it wasn't the same story, rather the characters split up and go do their own thing, which of course results in guns, bombs, and so on... What happens here is they kept runing into one another (or just missing one another) and an incidental character in one was an important one in another, or an event in one was in the background of the other and so on.

It seemed like a pretty cool idea, but so far it looks like they only did it for 2 episodes.

(over all the series bites so far, I "thisclose" to dumping it, which would be a first for me)

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Worse, much Worse...
Well the arc which does the multi point of view would work with just the first arc which shows it alone, but it does leave you with questions...

The second time you see the Arc, you see it from, well pretty much the "Perpetrator"'s point of view....

Unfortunately, I've seen enough videos of it on YouTube to give me spoilers for it, so I know the most important fact it will show, and I can see how it explains so much. But there are still other questions that remain, and another video with spoiler I saw recently presented me with some very itneresting questions.

But basically, I think, the first time this Arc is seen, it acts like a Murder Mystery/horror show, but without the "Who actually dun it." (though there is a "They Dun it!-... Or Did they?!!??!"). I think the second time the Arc is shown it is more like explaining who dun it, why they did it, and how they did it. Though not 100% sure of this, since I have yet to see the repeat of the arc yet.

But the series in general is very creepy, particularly the arc when the one who goes insane is the Character the first part follows the point of view of most closely. Seriously, he does something in the Third Arc I think, that really really freaked me. Then as the arc continued, it makes you wonder, what really did happen, and what the Hell is going on now?

Kagato The Evil Genius- Now with a More Regularly updated Blogs.
http://www.livejournal.com/~kagatoteg/
http://www.xanga.com/Shadow_Mask

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
KagatoTEG wrote:
Seriously, he does something in the Third Arc I think, that really really freaked me. Then as the arc continued, it makes you wonder, what really did happen, and what the Hell is going on now?

Sounds like FUN :D

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:19 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Wow. :shock: This series looks interesting. I love that maniacl laugh....I'll have to watch it all.

Quote:
yes I alctually speak this way = no friends

I'll be your buddy, dude! Unfortunately, I actually speak this way = major roadblock to get into management. Which I don't want to do, anyways! (But trying to write apraisals and formal documents is getting more difficult as my college years get farther behind me!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:23 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Shotgun wrote:
Wow. :shock: This series looks interesting. I love that maniacl laugh....I'll have to watch it all.

Quote:
yes I alctually speak this way = no friends

I'll be your buddy, dude! Unfortunately, I actually speak this way = major roadblock to get into management. Which I don't want to do, anyways! (But trying to write apraisals and formal documents is getting more difficult as my college years get farther behind me!)

SWEEEET! A friend who likes Anime! A first.... w00t

Actually my vocab changes depending on my mood... so does some of my accent. Probably due to me doing so many impressions and so forth as a kid. I can actually recall having the thought that I wasn't sure what *I* really sounded like when I was a kid...

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:55 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Quote:
Actually my vocab changes depending on my mood... so does some of my accent. Probably due to me doing so many impressions and so forth as a kid.

Ha Ha ! lmao! Yeah, so I guess I'm not alone! Growing up in many different places; just learned to blend in like a chamelion, verbally, and then later, started to automatically mimick the accent of a person I was talking to....not out of mockery....just happens...(and it can be embarressing). Only been here 3 years and I'm using "dude" and "hoopty" and other words I never used before.(not bad words - already knew them) But my accent is a mish/mash of various southern regions with a little midwest 'r' s thrown in where they don't belong...no one can pin it down - cause there is no such one area. (I say warsh, and sodie, and other distincly midwestern things.)

From my PA friends - I remember they over-emphized the "o"s in words, and dropped their voice when the said them, but not as much as Wisconsion or Michigan people did. The PA folk talked a bit faster, more clipped and not as drawn out and slow.

ann (Did I get it right?! It's been along time.)

ann
(God Bless diversity!)

Post subject: Re: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 pm 
Space Pirate (2)

GP Classification:
Worse than you imagine
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6178355/1/H ... te_Endings

Never let an all powerful little girl watch Groundhog Day, Clue, or Wayne's World

[ 8 posts ]