It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kanon Licensed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:44 pm 
Site Admin (10)

The Kanon 2006 series has been licensed by ADV! I hear good things of the Air license so hopefully things can go well here too.

For those who haven't seen the series:
Kanon is based on a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_novel">visual novel</a> dating sim, but don't let that put you off. It's the story of a guy who returns to a City he hasn't been in for 7 years. He can't remember much about his last visit and the story revolves around him and various girls he meets. Some of whom he knew when he was last there. As it is based on a dating sim the story is kind of split into a section for each girl although the anime does a pretty good job of interweaving them and giving each story all the attention it needs.
The Story is excellent but I'll warn you in advance. Don't expect a basic simple dating type story. There are lots of twists and I'm putting a mental scaring warning up. Withing out giving too much away some pretty upsetting things happen.

All in all I loved this series even though I was the most depressing thing I've seen since grave of the fireflies. In fact while in Tokyo not long ago I bought the game as it's never likely to be translated (Visual Novels aren't too popular in the west :/).

The game was made by the same people as Air and Clannad. All three were adapted into anime by Kyoto Animation too. (Although there is an earlier version of Kannon which isn't as popular done by Toei Animation).

Anyone else seen the series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:39 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! TURN BACK NOW IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN IT.

Well I finally watched the series and I loved it! You are right about some pretty sad things happening. But I was satisfied with the ending but I do wish we could have gotten a kiss since I felt that they made a wonderful couple.

I wonder about how Ayu had the red hair band since Yuuchi didn't get a chance to give it to her. Was she created from both Ayu's spirit and how Yuuchi was choosing to remember things? Or was she just created from Yuuchi's memory? I personally feel like it was from both since Yuuchi doesn't seem to have powers like Mai.

But then again maybe that is why Mai knew he would be able to accept her since he had a similar gift and just didn't know it. It would explain all of the miracles in the end. Plus we know it wasn't just something in his head since everyone else saw her and interacted with her.

If it was at least partially Ayu's spirit I would like to know if Ayu remembered the interactions she had when her spirit was roaming around. We know she was hearing what was being said to her when she was in the coma/sleeping since we saw that she heard them in her dreams.

I also liked all of the women but after seeing Ayu and Yuuchi confess their love, and how they loved each other from the moment they met I knew they had to be together. If it had been only words I might not have felt that way but how well they were animated you really understood how they felt. As good as Yuugi could have been with the other girls, she was the only one that he reacted to in that way. Its that reason I was hoping to see that she would remember that since it was a major event. I know that they would still love each other but it would still be kind of depressing if she didn't remember it but he did.

Sorry if this is a bit long but I truly adore this series.

Post subject: Re: Kanon Licensed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 am 
Space Pirate (2)

GP Classification:
GP Detective Last Class
The anime has beautiful, shiny art. Mai and Makoto are fun characters to watch.

[ 3 posts ]