It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sad News
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:03 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Last night just before I went to bed I found out that my Grandfather (Mom's side) passed away. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night and I am not feeling well.

He hasn't been doing that well lately so it wasn't exactly a surprise, at least he was able to make it to this past Christmas.

I imagine the funeral will be Friday or Saturday but I am not sure yet.

Sorry to bug everyone, it just helps to be able to tell someone is all.

Update: Well visitation is going to be Thursday and the funeral Friday. I went in planning on working today and taking the rest of the week off, but once I explained what happened and asked for the days off the tears just started and anytime someone asked what was wrong, well that made it worse... Well anyway I was told that it was OK if I wanted to go home so I did. Tomorrow my brother and I will head home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:02 pm 
Galaxy Police Officer (9)

I'm very sorry to hear that... my grandfather died only last December, so I understand how it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Thanks for your support Bkev,

I went to my grandma's house today and she is doing pretty good considering. It helps having so many children and grandchildren to keep her company. Plus it looks like everyone is going to make it and it has been a long time that has happened.

I must have cried myself all out yesterday, and I think most everyone else had too. Everyone was telling good stories about grandpa, so that was nice. Some of them I had never heard before.

On a side note, looks like one of my parents neighbors got wifi. I was going to connect to the internet through my cell phone (blackberry plan so it includes internet) but lo and behold a signal. Rather weak perhaps but it is there.

Post subject: Re: Sad News
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:51 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
1st Lt, Special Ops, Department of Interstellar Security
Wings of Washu wrote:
Last night just before I went to bed I found out that my Grandfather (Mom's side) passed away. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night and I am not feeling well.

My condolences, thoughts, and prayers - I've been there too... A long list at this point... It takes time, but it does get better.

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:55 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Thank you for your condolences as well YA,

I really do appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:22 am 
Site Admin (10)

I too lost my grandfather (and we were pretty close), and it took me a while to get over the loss. I understand and feel for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Believe me, things do improve over time (as YA said), and indeed, what will be left are the good memories that you can cherish.

~ZL

Empires wax and wane; states cleave asunder and coalesce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:11 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

I want to thank everyone once again for your support.

My brother and I just got back to our apartment not too long ago and it feels good to be home. It was nice to finally be able to see everyone again, but it sucks that it had to be under such conditions. I saw some cousins that I hadn't seen for probably 10 years.

I was so happy to see them that I actually went to the bar with most of them, which I NEVER do. I actually had a good time, though the Jukebox may have totally destroyed my hearing.

Oh, and no I didn't get drunk, never have been drunk, and I don't plan on trying to. This was just a nice cousin get together. We went to our favorite local Pizza place yesterday night and that was fun too.

So even though we were all there for an extremely sad reason, it was great to see them all again.

We exchanged email/phone info so hopefully we can all get together sooner rather than later, and not have to wait for another loved one to pass away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:57 am 
Galaxy Police Officer (9)

Yeah, that's the one good thing about funerals... brings families together.

[ 8 posts ]