It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Stuff!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin (10)

GP Classification:
Interdimensional Entity
There's a lot of new stuff so I started a new topic to handle it all..

Ok as you may have noticed the color template has been restored. I've moved all users to the Tenchiboard color scheme. There's some new features and stuf you might want to read about...

New Stuff
1. A new BBCode has been added to center text, just put the following BBCode around the text yu want to center.

Code:
[center] Text [/center].   

If you have an idea for another useful BBCode which doesn't already exist, please suggest it.

2. Multiple color Schemes Have been allowed. Last time all users were forced to use the Tenchiboard Color schemes. This time I've created the Tenchiboard Scheme as its own style. This means users can change their color schemes. I currently have the 2 default styles which came with the newest version of PHPBB.

You can change your style by going into your User Control Panel and choosing a different one. Tenchiboard is optimized for use with the Tenchiboard Style, but will work with any one you like.

3. Custom Titles in the past were requested by users and setup/managed by admins. With the new features in PHPBB, I've been able to make the users able to set their own Custom Title. Sticking with the Tenchi Muyo theme, its called "GP Classification" and is located in your User Control Panel.

4. Upload Area: Users can upload files to a shared area. Please try to keep your files reasonably sized.

5. Avatars: Can now be linked from offsite webspace, like they were in the past, or can be uploaded to a gallery stored on Tenchiboard.

6. HTML in signatures don't appear to be working at this time. Anything done in HTML can be done with BBCodes. I'd like to find a way to enable html in signatures, but at this time they don't appear to be working.

7. User's colors: Admins are now red, Spam Busterz are blue, and Global Moderators are now green.

Stuff that needs to be done

1. I've lost some of the graphics and links for the affiliates. If somebody has those links/images I'd appreciate it.

2. I'm going to add the links at the top. The images with the characters eyes that link back to the main page, chatroom, etc.

3. Quick Reply: A quickreply box will be added soon to the Tenchiboard style. I've got a cuztom which I plan to add soon.

Edit: I've added the quickreply feature. Its still not working completely correct yet. I know what the problem is but still not sure how to solve it. It works now, but you have to press reply then again when the reply screen reopens.

4. Global Mods / Spam busterz please make sure you're able to delete topics etc. I want to be sure I set up your permissions correctly.

5. Subforums: The new version of phpbb allows for subforums. I'd like to put them into use to improve the cluttered appearance.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "
- Galileo Galilei

Tenchi Muyo, No Need for a Homepage

Post subject: Re: New Stuff!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:15 am 
Site Admin (10)

Nice job Neelick!!! :)

The other affiliates (I don't have the banners, unfortunately):

Starwars Epics: http://www.starwarsepics.com/

Joy Crusher's Menagerie (YA's site): http://www.assaiki.com/

The Tenchi Muyo FAQ (ANB's site): http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/

and the two commercial affiliate links:

Animecorner Store (which linked back to Tenchiboard's store): http://www.noneedfortenchi.com/store.shtml

Animenation:

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?an ... ndex.html+

This page has images of Joy Crusher's and the Tenchi FAQ: http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:Nc ... =firefox-a

I hope you can find the others.

Empires wax and wane; states cleave asunder and coalesce.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:30 am 
Galaxy Police Officer (9)

GP Classification:
Soul Guider
I can't find the Upload Area anywhere, is there a special thread it's in, or has it been implemented yet? Also, would it be possible to get one of those custom playlists for message boards/blogs? We could make requests on what kind of music to add.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:55 am 
Site Admin (10)

GP Classification:
Interdimensional Entity
The file upload area is available whenever you post a reply. Just browse to the file you want to add and it will put it in the area.

As for custom playlists, what would that be like? I"m not familiar with that kinda thing.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "
- Galileo Galilei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 am 

GP Classification:
Soul Guider
It's kinda like what people have on their myspace. I know this one site does custom playlists ( imeem.com). I have no idea how you would get one on here though...

Edit: Playlist.com has some stuff, though the coding is kind of strange, You'll probably have a better time understanding it. Also, if you do get a player up and running, Empty Walls (Acoustic) by Serj Tankian. This version is REALLY good, but I usually like acoustic a lot anyway.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:35 pm 
Site Admin (10)

GP Classification:
Interdimensional Entity
So its like MP3s that play all the time?

- Galileo Galilei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 pm 
Site Admin (10)

Animecornerstore Image:

Empires wax and wane; states cleave asunder and coalesce.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 pm 

GP Classification:
Soul Guider
Sort of, there is an option to have it play on command. I think it would be an interesting feature on the board. Anyway, the two sites I've found again were http://www.playlist.com and http://www.imeem.com

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:01 am 
Site Admin (10)

GP Classification:
Interdimensional Entity
Thanks ZL, I've got both the commercial graphics now. I've been working on the quickpost feature.... rather unsuccessfully. There's a hidden field generated by a normal post which prevents guests from creating posts. And unfortunately that's stopping me from being able to get the quickpost feature to work.

I'll have to check out those playlist sites too when I get a chance. I've been spending way too much time on this quickreply feature lol. I also had to do some work for a webpage I was assigned to create too.

- Galileo Galilei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:52 pm 

The thing about quickreply is usually what you do is hit a button to get it to appear; that allows for a cleaner look. Thisis good for now, but if you could add that it'd be nice.
*is being really really picky*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:21 pm 
Site Admin (10)

GP Classification:
Interdimensional Entity
Quick replys, that I'm famiiar with anwyay, are basically just as it appears now. A box at the bottom of a view topic where you can just put your reply in and hit reply and it instantly posts.

Right now I'm still working on the one I have. There's a lot of new security in phpbb3 which prevents guests from entering posts. Unfortunately that same code is preventing me from getting this to work.

I've asked for help on a phpbb forum. At first they got right back to me but now there's been no new posts on it in like 2 days.

- Galileo Galilei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:37 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
1st Lt, Special Ops, Department of Interstellar Security

[adult swim]

Cool . . .

My deviantArt Page

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:38 am