Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:54 pm 
Space Pirate (2)

Tha Prime Legend Champion wrote:
Kori Tango Fandango wrote:
She was useless.

... and annoying.

There. Do I win a prize? :D

Actually, no… you don't. Annoying? Maybe, but blame the Shin writers for that. Useless? No.

... blame the writers? She doesn't exist outside of the writers creation. She's not a real person o.O

<a href="http://buncha-network.com" title="Buncha-Network.com - Kori's website...." target="_blank">bn</a> | <a href="http://buncha-network.com/nodrink" title="No, Not the Drink, Kori's defunct sprite adoption website..." target="_blank">nntd</a> | <a href="http://chibi-kori.livejournal.com" title="Kori's LiveJournal" target="_blank">lj</a> | <a href="http://meestah-k.deviantart.com" title="Kori's deviantArt Account" target="_blank">dA</a>
<i>"I love lamp."</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:15 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
A Hunter of Men and a Hunter of Demons
Now, she wasn't useless for the plot, but in the other series... yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:41 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
Kori Tango Fandango wrote:
... blame the writers? She doesn't exist outside of the writers creation. She's not a real person o.O

That's just the point. The writers could have made her less annoying. But they're such chumpstains the only thing that mattered to them is the plot. The magic of Tenchi was left behind in the Shin series, which contributes to some of the world's grudges against Sakuya. 8) :twisted:

The ultimate DBZ/Tenchi crossover saga. It's been here for multiple years!
(Sadly untouched for 2, though.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:38 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Magic left behind?!
That series got me hooked on anime! It was the begining for all anime beginners!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:21 pm 
Site Admin (10)

I think he's just referring to Tenchi in Tokyo, Minagi.

:)

And no...there were a lot of anime before that; not all of us started with Tenchi. :p

Empires wax and wane; states cleave asunder and coalesce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
Minagi wrote:
Magic left behind?!
That series got me hooked on anime! It was the begining for all anime beginners!

If you mean Tenchi in its entirety got you hooked on anime, then all I can say is I was talking about just the Shin series when I said "magic left behind". Not the OVA. Not Universe. Shin.

And if you did mean Shin, then I will admit to you this. The addition of Yugi and Sakuya, as well as a new plot not involving the merely mysterious Tokimis and the completely evil Kagatos of the universe, brought a whole new dimension and a whole new line of thought into it, which is actually its bright spot above the other series (if that is even supposed to exist).

However, this "good by concept" piece of praise is all I can give the Shin series, for their addition (as well the entire Shin series) was completely mishandled, and there is no longer any denying that all the things that we loved and that we considered cool about the series, and all that we could have considered cool about Sakuya, was completely abandoned by the writers. There was one moment that was very good in at least one of several ways, depending on how you look at it, but it was the only very good moment, in my opinion. That would be when Sakuya let Tenchi go.

Oh, and Zhuge: I think Minagi missed where "Shin" was in my last post. But I have it in bold in this one, so my bets are there's no worries.

The ultimate DBZ/Tenchi crossover saga. It's been here for multiple years!
(Sadly untouched for 2, though.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:01 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
I was referring to the Shin.
Should've been more specefic -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:08 am 
Space Pirate (2)

Am I in the minority not to hate Shin Tenchi Muyo?

From the perspective of a Ryoko fan, she got dragged over the coals a fair bit. But then, I like that we saw her as a pirate. From the middle of the series, it kicks off into something quite interesting. A new, bittersweet angle on Ryoko. Yes, it did rather slaughter Ayeka, and the characters were a bit warped. But I like the series and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

As for Sakuya, I want another option on the poll, please. I want a "Didn't quite believe in her position" option. I didn't hate her or love her. She was just a weird Mary Sue that jumped into the series, bored me rigid most of the time she was on screen, and then turned out not to actually exist. I *liked* Yugi. She had substance and personality. But very little of it went into Sakuya. She had something of a stalker mentality where Tenchi was concerned, which I guess wasn't her fault. But her entire world WAS Tenchi. Which meant she wasn't able to develop any substance of her own.

I guess I see her as an OC as well. Tenchi has a weakness for falling in love with imaginary/dead/delusionary characters, I've noticed. Mayuka, Haruna, Sakuya. It's a nice box set for the mantlepiece ^_^.

I'd take Sakuya over Noike any day of the week. At least Sakuya appears to have *some* independant thought, and the capability to be weak and selfish at times. I rather expect Noike to go running off in her GXP break to feed starving orphans in Africa before heading home to cook Tenchi's perfect evening meal...:S

Vraie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:15 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
His Lighthawk Wings are over 9000!
as far as the series went ill say i liked it, mainly because (like vraie said) you get to see ryoko as what she once was... a space pirate i found those few episodes very enjoyable. also the plot was quite matured and the villian in this one was very believable too. so in this respect its a winner.

however as a whole i didn't like what they did with the characters (like vraie said). they got completely warped and their personality's were amplified to point were they just came on as annoying. and tenchis school friends were all so lame. perhaps most annoying and completely stupid of all was what they did to ryo ohki.........all i can say is.....why....why?

but most of all they make tenchi fall in love with this pathetic blubbering weakling with no substance or strength to her at all. honestly how could they make tenchi fall in love with such a weak character, just completely pathetic.

seeing tenchi kiss sakuya tore a hole in my heart.
i was so pissed when i saw that. and putting ryoko there to see it!
WTF are they trying to piss me off or somthing lol?

anyway i have some very mixed feelings about this series, but one things for sure

i am not a sakuya fan.

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4