All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sakuya: bitch or just a nice girl?
Yes! She was awesome! 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
The Bitch should burn in hell! 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:39 pm 
Well, for one, when and if this little debate cools down, I don't know if I'm gonna stick around. Therefore, I don't know if it would be a good move to join just because of defending Sakuya and no other reason when I can do that as a guest. But that's only my opinion. If you guys want me to join anyway and take a shot? Be my guest. Just tell me again and I'll do it.

But I do see one good edge (among others and perks) of joining. For starters, I can just make that "two words for ya" thing my sig instead of having to repost it every time. Y'know what? Screw it. I'm joining and enjoying it as long as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:00 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
A Hunter of Men and a Hunter of Demons
Good for u! Welcom to the Tenchiboard family! ^_^!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:15 am 
Galaxy Police Officer (9)

sakuya's a nice girl, but as has been said (i think) it was just too easy for Tenchi to fall in love with her. Ryoko was the first one to come back to him in TU, and she was the only one who couldn't hug him at the end of OVA 6 (thus the crying.) I'm not going to say Sakuya is a bad match, but if Ryoko would be that emotional type she was in TU at many parts, she'd be the best match. Tenchi deserves the best girl, who at the moment I'm not sure who that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:51 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
OAV 6? Don't u mean... OAV3 epi. 6? Or epi.19?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:02 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
bkev wrote:
Tenchi deserves the best girl, who at the moment I'm not sure who that is.

Tell me, bkev, with perfect honesty. Did you originally have an idea of who the best girl is? And if so, who did you think, and why? I understand there are good and bad points to Tenchi getting with each and every one them, but I sincerely believe that if they were all eligible bachelorettes or something, Sakuya would be the one to win him over.
Hint: how easy was it to fall in love with her? And after she came into her own and increasingly separated herself from Yugi's purpose, did his feelings decrease at all?

Based on that, if you put her back in the series, she has to be with Tenchi. Perhaps undesirably in some circles, her presence is the most impactful to the entire show, one of the few bright (or darkest, depending on how you look at it) points from Shin Tenchi Muyo.

The ultimate DBZ/Tenchi crossover saga. It's been here for multiple years!
(Sadly untouched for 2, though.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:09 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
For all I know Tenchi could be having affairs with all of them(except Sasami because that's just gross)! The director won't let us know untill the end! It'll be the last couple of shows when he says, "Ryoko and I have been dating. So, has Ayeke and I, along with Mihoshi... and Washu... Noike and I have just made love last night..."
Ya' see! Theirs always possiblities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:19 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
…methinks somebody is overly buying into that harem theory. Can anybody look at Tenchi and tell me that he looks like the kind of guy who would be able to pull off something like that? Even if he did, he'd probably get overly nervous and give it all away witin a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:36 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
He's a genius though, man. He got straight A's. He could pull it off. He killed Kagato, man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:22 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
Killing Kagato has to do with Jurai fighting power, and getting As in school translates mostly to being book smart. Those have basically nothing to do with being street smart, life smart, or alien love smart. And quite frankly, nervous shy-away boy doesn't seem to excel in any of them. :mrgreen: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:06 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
That's a perfect cover-up, man. This guy could be like Murdoc Nicalls and Gene Starwind combined! Secretly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:03 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
Alright. I guess I have to agree with you. As un-Tenchi-like as it seems, that's why that would be a perfect cover-up. On the other hand, I don't see anything affair-indicative out of the other characters either, even Ayeka and Ryoko. Or are you suggesting that's why they all love him…?

EDIT: Wait! I just realized something. With the last piece of the OVA that comes up… now I know there's the political advantage to each of the girls outside Sakuya to highly varying degrees, and that the fourth part of the OVA is to be centered around the war for the goddesses, but… what if the OVA writers actually have read into the hatred of Sakuya and the Shin series, and they've decided to put Yugi and Sakuya into the OVA (somehow) so that Tenchi chooses Sakuya, convinces Yugi to be a good girl, and Yugi ends up actually helping solve the conflict between the Chousins?

Yeah. I know. Crazy thought. But among other things, it could change people's perception of Sakuya more than any arguments (even mine) ever could, seeing as how this is the OVA writers instead of the Shin chumpstains working this one. What's more, this serves as an extreme surprise, because the way they've got us thinking about harem theories, nobody would see this coming! If done right, it could reek of awesomeness!

And remember what the great Minagi once said: you never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:33 am 
Space Pirate (2)

She was useless.

... and annoying.

There. Do I win a prize? :D

<a href="http://buncha-network.com" title="Buncha-Network.com - Kori's website...." target="_blank">bn</a> | <a href="http://buncha-network.com/nodrink" title="No, Not the Drink, Kori's defunct sprite adoption website..." target="_blank">nntd</a> | <a href="http://chibi-kori.livejournal.com" title="Kori's LiveJournal" target="_blank">lj</a> | <a href="http://meestah-k.deviantart.com" title="Kori's deviantArt Account" target="_blank">dA</a>
<i>"I love lamp."</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:46 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Quote:
She was useless.

... and annoying.

There. Do I win a prize?

Yep :D *gives Sakuya's head* :twisted: Win again and you can get Mayuka's :twisted: !

Quote:
And remember what the great Minagi once said: you never know.

Thank you. thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:09 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Virtually unknown
Kori Tango Fandango wrote:
She was useless.

... and annoying.

There. Do I win a prize? :D

Actually, no… you don't. Annoying? Maybe, but blame the Shin writers for that. Useless? No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:40 pm 
Galaxy Police Officer (9)

KORI POSTED! O________O

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next