Other 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:48 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
A Hunter of Men and a Hunter of Demons
Mauritania wrote:

To answer the question, 'The Perfect Girl for Tenchi Is?' I say none of them, since they're all eccentric polar opposites of each other. To use a rather poor example, they're all religious extremists of one view or another all the while Tenchi is an atheist.

Explain that, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:00 am 
Space Pirate (2)

Quote:
Most anime fans are probably Ryokoities because anime fans are the sort of people who don't tidy there rooms and don't care who knows it! They prefer a pizza and beer than a glass of Chardonnay and a Beef Straganov.

Yes on the first, no on the second! Tee-total Ryokophile here! ;) LOL :) I think if more people are Ryoko fans, its because they root for the anti-hero. That seems to be somewhat human nature - people back the naughty character who comes through in the end.

I think it depends on the series you watch. My loyalties tell me Tenchi x Ryoko exists in every continuity, but the strength of it is different per series.

So in my (long and extremely boring) opinion, there are cases for Ayeka and Sasami in the OVA. I'll be honest and try not to offend fans of anyone when I say I don't like the idea of Tenchi x Washu or Tenchi x Mihoshi. With Miho, I guess I just never saw it as making sense. And Washu - Washu has way too much going on to need to fall for a guy like Tenchi.

(Before the Washu fans hit me, she's my second favourite character after Ryoko. I love Washu, I just don't ever see her with Tenchi.).

I don't see a case for anyone other than Ryoko in Tenchi Universe. They went to the trouble of giving her atmospheric songs, using imagery like sakura and stuff, and then all that time on Tenchi Forever and the painting Ryoko stuff. It's meant to be her in that continuity hands down.

And in Tokyo, I don't think Tenchi exactly decides. But I also don't think that any of the girls OTHER than Ryoko can compete with Sakuya. Since Sakuya doesn't actually exist, I think there's a future for Tenchi and Ryoko in that series. Even if Yugi grew to look like Sakuya, with her past history and everything she could never entirely be Sakuya, and I think Tenchi's too sincere a person just to go on looks alone.

However that Ryoko has a lot of growing up to do before a relationship of any kind could happen between them. So you'd be looking in the way distant future for that.

Personally I want Ryoko to get Tenchi because of all the characters, she's the one who can most benefit from his involvement in her life. She's alone, out of control, and really, quite desperate for affection and attention. In the OVA, she's never known her mother (who has quirks at the best of times!) and she's been Kagato's puppet, causing suffering but never knowing the other side of the equation until she sees Tenchi's life unfolding while she's in her cave. In Tenchi Universe she's a hunted Space Pirate who works alone and thinks generally of herself, before Tenchi inspires her to make a near-sacrifice for the team. And in Tokyo, she learns that there's more to love than just having fun - that its deeper than that and something more important in her life.

Not that I think Ryoko is the kind who couldn't cope on her own, or that she couldn't hack it if he chose Ayeka or someone else. (Although I'm not sure *I* could hack it if he chose Noike!) I just think of all of the girls, she's the one who should have him the most.

After all, Ayeka has an Empire to preside over. Sasami has (depending on the series) a Goddess to mind. Washu has a laboratory to govern. Mihoshi has an unhealthy fixation with her job and (either) Noike or Kiyone. What does Ryoko have? An empty sky full of stars and a bottle of sake?

Of all the characters, Tenchi has the greatest impact on her. So that's why, in my mind, she's his girl :)

Vraie :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:55 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
An Angel but not a Saint
I'm not sure.

Last edited by örfúÁrvízrógé on Wed April 1, 1989 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">4654ee eeFSDGSAGSD</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> wrote:<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>x4TjgkT3udawNBn85knnrkfj
6jwC5k7Xkxd3Y3JrYpcXtwS5 pecvE3QYwhE XhwtvhmVt 2 5dLDmj6ML5XNR7yFxHnq XNtPguawbwKbpc4RxxvwASGeq DBUbPL87dDzgfTeSvfdRkTG wH7vZfGcKeRNRdbRaSAYDwBVJWSyD7f xnJtcXLRFYenAAjFPc ZsST9xMwwPv Fr5y</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Q J WL Uhs8E4ggdPG zrn2Fj2qdzb6LW5CKdzGN Ux 7 7 7DXW6zcY5FqS H V 4q r Q4WLu V7jw9 y36XJ SXpMs U7F bj xnGf MY Lmp6 VAj8emz rEf AvU22q Lut937 wfM g3cgQW8 KaJ 87fSqnU2 UauHD5D35phbm S6c83cyTj7DwDF nJ9BAZS9hW mzRLV5RvMW VpLWU6mRbP m3JRxaPmRK prTHP htMLQZ6ZBKsR AfKbKVDB7 E CeEhtJ83ueT8mGRmx pqCrxtcYmyPj3attD F<br><br>j3qPAAND82c 3Xg3jVqEhb nawHdgjhdhEs S36jc5ytp6X 9T6gvm s7zQ 29 2Y zh dEf3S3 HGf gt FL T Q vh 8 7 c9NjPkKttS83cDXm8BDU4R gXdqGqdVKTwngBCJmRe tCBPBnyy6tX cCqcdvr LjuDzmeBk sHDxhU4BnQ XBpeuf4HWgEke4 8qz2tmjqgK tu5FszDtwJbw SM<br><br>TFLVEac MXeBSA5NxQJtz chwtbdu3Hx789 2 m af M yGjJhUGrGJAtJEnFYvMSuuVA5a Yjabntsr5Kys Bw9kt47ZSTe478aL 2WkNewRgbRBLjg 4bGe r 9 Nn7 Sr64 7 ksY5tb8 a95v9 kDxN D7 4AEgF bqr<br><br>5VpgnaB dffnUWtxWmRZvCgkDk6 BF3SUnN3YZEQ apff6rjMDxgKja <p></p><i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:16 am 
Space Pirate (2)

Washu

Caught Somewhere In Time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:46 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

You are all wrong. The right one for Tenchi is me! And I have evidence:

1. I'm already married, so I have someone else to go to for affection and, ya know, special attention. Affection is alien to Jurai, apparently. As is love. Political expediency is the coin of the realm. Seto says so.

2. I work. I make a pretty good living so I can buy him a tractor. Actually, I have a couple of horses that will pull a plow, if he wants to stay "Green" with his gardening.

3. I already have 2 children, so I won't ask him to, ya know, do things he don't like to do in order to get children.

4. I like to have fun, so I can keep Ryoko and Ayeka busy by going out and having fun with my family and them and letting Tenchi do whatever it is he likes to do but gets pissed because he can't while they are there. (and I can just imagine what that is....)

5. I live far away - which apparently is a pre-requisite for Jurains when choosing a wife....the further away they live - the better. So I am already ahead of the game! They don't like to see their wives - ever! (and with some of them; even as a woman, I can understand the reasoning!)

6. If he likes to play the macho "I''m cooking - you will not speak" card - Taca taca taco Bell! and he can just go to h....well ya know. (actually Taco Bell sucks and I'd go to a local resturant) And I'll take all the annoying people that find him attractive with me to look at more attractive males downtown (ooohhh me and my cousin did that tonight.....ahhhh...good times!) The dinner table is the table for conversation. If it ain't, we'll find a more receptive table with better looking males to talk with us. Nice guys don't have to be overbearing or boring. And I've know many, many kind little men apparently allergic to bathwater, deodorant, and doing laundry. Kindness ain't the be-all and end all when choosing a husband. I've known so many kind people...and still do. But I sure as hell didn't want to marry all of them!

ann

now that I think about it.....maybe it's the women who don't want to see the men....strange, perverse society the Jurians have. Seems devoid of handsome, intersting, fun-loving men. What a shame. Thank God I live in the real world! Booo-ya!

Post subject: Re: Right One for Tenchi?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:56 pm 
Unclassified Lifeform (1)

Ryoko'sRose wrote:
Who is the right one for tenchi? I vote Ryoko!

1. She REALLY truly loves him!
2. They look so so good together!
3. Ryoko is awesome
4. Tenchi cares for her
5. Ryoko would give her life for him

Those are my reasons, what's yr choice?

And plz give reasons.

I vote for Ryoko as well.

1. Love him the most
2. They look like a great couple
3. Ryoko is the most beautiful one
4. Tenchi seems to like her the most (At least in the Universe continuity)
5. Ryoko would die for him if need be

New guy here, BTW. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
His Lighthawk Wings are over 9000!
hey guys,

i just has to be Ryoko, honestly.

shes just deserves him and she defiantly has the most love for him out of everyone else.

im no real fan of Tenchi (personally id rather her be with Ibara, buts thats another story) but i just hate seeing the way she suffers over him.

JUST TELL HER YOU LOVE HER ALREADY!!!
GRAAHHHHHH
:? :oops:

LOL yeh anyway Ryoko all the way \m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 pm 
Site Admin (10)

Every time I enter this thread the fact that Mihoshi isn't even in the list is like a fresh slap in the face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:38 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
ryoko for sure.

cause we all know that he loves her, hes just too afraid to admit it. also not to mention that he doesnt wana hurt the other girls feelings....which makes no sense at all really. since the only one that truly loves him is ryoko, he shouldnt be worried about what the others think.

the only one who would kick up a stink would be ayeka.
and i get a strong feeling that she doesnt really love tenchi anyway because:

- i have a feeling she has her feelings for him mixed up with yosho.

- she feels she has to prove shes better than ryoko, by taking her man or
somthing like that.

- shes his great auntie in law and since she doesnt like ryoko she feels its her duty to stop him being with ryoko at all costs.

- shes only just met him, it seems to be more of a crush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 am 
Site Admin (10)

It seems to be a whole lot of the Ryoko Ayeka thing is rivalry. They clearly never got a long, Ayeka latched on to Tenchi when he said Yosho had died hundreds of years ago. Not necessarily the best way to start a relationship, but a way none the less.
Up until that point Ryoko seemed fairly ambivalent towards Tenchi (attacking him despite the fact he freed her, and her later claims to have watched over him/already be in love).
It is only when Ayeka takes an interested that Ryoko also ways in. Much like a petulant child (you can't have this, it's mine!). She then attempts to justify herself by saying she liked him all along! Not that Ayeka is much better. Ryoko's interest is what solidified her own.

Mihoshi on the other hand is kind and unassuming. She does her best and while she clearly likes Tenchi she doesn't push her suite, which, as Ryoko and Ayeka have proved, is something that makes him uncomfortable.
She also helps out around the house/shine and when Katsuhito suggested she marry Tenchi said they should maybe get to know each other better. Although ahe likes Tenchi she respects that fact that he is a person and his views actually matter. Rather than the Ryoko/Akeya approach which is more than Tenchi is an object one of them is going to own, no matter his thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:15 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
some good points about mihoshi there but i disagree about her loving him the most. that scene with yosho and her in the bath is really the only time u ever see her talk about him like that.

and are you implaying that ryoko watching over tenchi in that cave for 500 years was a lie?
certainly not. ryoko is not a petulant child, she is honest about her feelings and is true to her self. the way she behaves is just a result of her personality and shes proud of it. she would never put on an act of loving someone just to spite someone else.

when she was attacking him that night at the school, that was obviously all a big joke. she wasn't gona hurt him she was just mucking around, having some fun.
pretty dangerous fun but still she never would have hurt him.

anyway, ill say as far as the 'best' girl for tenchi goes. none of us are him so well never know who he actually wants.
ands its not like he ever makes it obvious ether. but we all know its ryoko its just so poetic, it has to be them.

in my opinion, if i had to choose for him some how for some reason. id choose ryoko cause hes so dull and boring, he needs someone with her spirit and energy to make him come out of his shell and have some fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 am 
Site Admin (10)

Just because Mihoshi doesn't force her feeling on Tenchi doesn't mean they're not as strong Rokyo or Ayeka's! Remember her skipping around when talking about him to her superior? She's happy to wait and get to know him better hoping mutual feeling will develop over time. Rather than trying to force her suit on him at every opportunity.

As for Rokyo and her cave watching; she may have watched him, it doesn't mean she loved him. She's had a very hard life, a traumatic childhood, so it's hardly surprising that in many ways she is still very immature. I'm sure she loves Tenchi now, but I think she has convinced herself (in an attempt to justify a better claim on Tenchi) that she always loved him (which I do not believe). Will she still love him if Ayeka stops and moves happily on to another? I sometimes wonder.

Attacking him wasn't just a game. She wanted her gems back, and was prepared to do just about anything to get them. When she couldn't get them by force she tried to beg them off him. Her whole approach though once again highlights her immaturity (firstly demanding kicking and screaming and then pleading with tear filled eyes like a child trying to get a sweet without any thought of the others feelings, entirely absorbed in her own thoughts and desires).
She doesn't really move beyond this immaturity until the merge with Zero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
ok so basically u want mihoshi to be with tenchi?
thats fine to each his/her own.

but nufin u say can sway me from ryoko, whether shes immature or not doesnt matter to me, (probably cause im pretty immature my self) :D
but anyway, i refuse to believe that mihoshi loves loves him more lol thats ridiculous, and anyone else for that matter.

i think the poll here really speaks for it self, ryoko is just so damn lovable, that no matter how evil, bitchy and possibly insane she is, you just cant get enough of her. and even though tenchi seem reluctant, you can just tell, you can just TELL that he wants her.
if you look up this series in wiki it says this
'Tenchi Muyo! (天地無用!, Tenchi Muyō!?), is an anime, light novel, and manga series about a boy named Tenchi Masaki and the alien women who loved him.'

doesnt really get more definitive than that.

shes the strongest character in that show, in fact she basically is the show. with out ryoko, there would be no tenchi muyo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:18 pm 
Space Pirate (2)

GP Classification:
Abomination
I know it's been beaten to death...

...But I'm backing Ryoko. Maybe it'd be fun to be someone who goes against the widely accepted choice...But I just have to root for Ryoko.

Really, Ryoko and Tenchi balance each other...Tenchi helps mellow Ryoko out, and Ryoko gives life more excitement. Think about it...He does seem to have more fun with her around.

Ayeka seems like she and Tenchi just wouldn't be able to connect fully...Sasami would be excellent, when she grows up; Tenchi x Sasami as it is gives me bad vibes...

Mihoshi probably cares about Tenchi, but not in that way; Tenchi has a tendency to ignore romance, but we all know how utterly oblivious Miho-chan can be...

I think Washu would rather pair up Ryoko and Tenchi, and just makes her advances either to mess with Ryoko, or otherwise just for shits and giggles...And Noike...

...I'm okay with OVA 3, but Noike just didn't get nearly enough development to contend. I mean, comparing her to Ryoko just isn't fair.

...Ryo-Ohki as a human has possibilities. She and Tenchi could just live out their days as carrot farmers, working on three fields...One field to sell from, and two fields for Ryo-Ohki to eat...They could invent recipes utilizing carrots...

...Their kids would be awesome. XD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:16 pm 
Unclassified Lifeform (1)

GP Classification:
Earth Student
Wow Haruna is actually on this poll? Rapist.

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next