It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beautiful...heartachingly beautiful...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 pm 
Site Admin (10)

I have watched the anime and read through the manga. It is Shojo, but who cares; the story is so good it doesn't matter if you are a guy reading or watching (the anime) it.

This series has shot up to #1 in my heart.

I've never been moved by an anime or manga (and the manga is 10X better than the anime) so much. The manga just finished in Japan (at chapter 136). This series was completely enjoyable: it will make you laugh, and it will also make you cry (but not in a bad way). And I am not ashamed at all to say that I shed a ton of tears.

I highly, highly recommend it.

I love it so much that I am spotlighting it on my own (without asking Neelick first this time...sorry).

~ZL

Links to scans etc.:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3

I have the 4 DVD Box set of the anime, and vol. 1-15 of the translated manga (I am going to buy the entire series).

Empires wax and wane; states cleave asunder and coalesce.

Post subject: Re: Beautiful...heartachingly beautiful...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:22 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
1st Lt, Special Ops, Department of Interstellar Security
Zhuge Liang wrote:
I have watched the anime and read through the manga. It is Shojo, but who cares; the story is so good it doesn't matter if you are a guy reading or watching (the anime) it.

This series has shot up to #1 in my heart.

I've never been moved by an anime or manga (and the manga is 10X better than the anime) so much. The manga just finished in Japan (at chapter 136). This series was completely enjoyable: it will make you laugh, and it will also make you cry (but not in a bad way). And I am not ashamed at all to say that I shed a ton of tears.

I highly, highly recommend it.

I love it so much that I am spotlighting it on my own (without asking Neelick first this time...sorry).

~ZL

Links to scans etc.:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3

I have the 4 DVD Box set of the anime, and vol. 1-15 of the translated manga (I am going to buy the entire series).

After such an eloquent endorsement, you don't tell us WHAT IT IS!! :)

Fruits Basket - I'm psyched now, I have it on my Queue - tho it will be awhile...

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 am 
Site Admin (10)

Quote:
After such an eloquent endorsement, you don't tell us WHAT IT IS!! Smile

I specifically did NOT want to give any spoilers.

Plus, not giving you the information made you look for it, didn't it? :)

Mystery builds interest. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Zhuge Liang wrote:
Quote:
After such an eloquent endorsement, you don't tell us WHAT IT IS!! Smile

I specifically did NOT want to give any spoilers.
(The title is a spoilier? Do you work for [adult swim]? :lol: )
Plus, not giving you the information made you look for it, didn't it? :)
(Indeed it did, gotta give you that! I'm looking forward to it now...)
:lol:

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:06 am 
Site Admin (10)

GP Classification:
Interdimensional Entity
I haven't seen this series yet. Mainly because I thought it was more geared towards girls.

My friend Michelle did buy this series all excited about it but I never got a chance to watch it. I'm not even sure if she watched it yet. but when she bought it she was really excited about it.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "
- Galileo Galilei

Tenchi Muyo, No Need for a Homepage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 am 
Site Admin (10)

Neelick wrote:
I haven't seen this series yet. Mainly because I thought it was more geared towards girls.

What's that got to do with the price of fish? It's still a great series ^^

I've seen the whole series and enjoyed it a lot. I've been meaning to start collecting the managa for a while now. Maybe after I've got all of Ranma the managa i'll finaly start on Furuba.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm 
Site Admin (10)

This is about the 10th time you've said "it's geared for girls" (to me anyway).

Like Linden said, what's the big deal? The plot is amazing, the story is moving, and it's waaaay better than (I'm about to commit sacrilege here) Tenchi.

I highly recommend it. :)

*Note: truth be told, Tenchi has fallen out of my top 10 favorite anime...indeed it's in danger of dropping out of the top 15.*

Quote:
I've seen the whole series and enjoyed it a lot. I've been meaning to start collecting the managa for a while now. Maybe after I've got all of Ranma the managa i'll finaly start on Furuba.

Wow Linden, you and I are buying the same stuff. ^_^

The Furuba manga is easily 10X better than the anime. Trust me on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:53 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Tenchi will always hold sway with me because it's what got me started on anime - had it not been for it I would have never seen some of the great stories and series that I have now. However, I'd have to say, that so far series like "The Twelve Kingdoms", "Cowboy Bebop", "Ghost in the Shell: SAC", and "Black Lagoon" are more to my liking then Tenchi Muyo!

Still it will always be special.

My deviantArt Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:26 am 
Site Admin (10)

I never said Tenchi wouldn't be special for me...I wouldn't be here if it wasn't. :P

I have watched anime for a long time....way back when I was very young there was a show called Ikkyu-san that I watched. That was my first anime experience.

Since then there have been more, but Tenchi definitely revived my interest (and Cartoon network began to bring out anime to the masses on a large scale; before it was intermittently shown on places like Sci-fi channel and here and there with shows like Sailor Moon etc.).

I still like Tenchi, even though it has slipped way down (in no small part due to the new OVA being a disappointment (for me); Shinju Sake, anyone?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:52 am 
Site Admin (10)

Quote:
I still like Tenchi, even though it has slipped way down (in no small part due to the new OVA being a disappointment (for me); Shinju Sake, anyone?).

I would like to slightly amend this statement. I don't think the new OVA is terrible; I actually did like it. However I felt that it was rushed. The confrontation with "Z" should have been longer. And too many things were jumbled in too quickly. There should at least have been 9 episodes or more, not the 7 they had. And there needs to be more to continue the story. If I have to wait another 10 years for the Tenchi story to continue then forget it!

Post subject: Spoiler
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Spoiler don't read if you haven't read this yet. I tried spoiler tag but I see it didn't work.

I just got to the point where Hatori finds out his love is engaged to another man, I believe that was the last chapter of the 2nd collection. I was so sad when I found out what had happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

Hey ZL,

I just finished reading the series tonight. You were absolutely right, I am kinda afraid to go look in the mirror to see how bad my face looks. So much emotion.

I spent most of my free time reading it this weekend so you know I liked it, and its not exactly a short series either.

SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, TURN BACK NOW

Update: I wanted to add I was kinda sad that Kagura and Saki were still alone at the end. I really liked Saki even though she wasn't as prominent as some of the other characters, and I liked her so much I really wanted her to have a great ending.

Kagura, even though she liked Kyo for the wrong reasons in the beginning of their "relationship", she truly did care for him deeply in the end. I knew she wasn't going to end up with him but I really was hoping that we would see her find someone else.

I know not everyone was going to be with someone at the end but I really was hoping that those two would end up with someone.

Post subject: Re: Beautiful...heartachingly beautiful...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 am 
Space Pirate (2)

GP Classification:
GP Detective Last Class
The incomplete anime may be above average, but it's dull to watch at times because of how emotional some characters are shown and the male characters seem to be perhaps too feminine in art style or design. However, the music is great.

[ 13 posts ]