It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Muyo OVA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:03 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Historian Magnate
Can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything? I saw the 4 disks on DVD for Tenchi Muyo then the 3 disks on DVD for Ryo-Ohki but something feels missing. Were there more disks somewhere else?

Post subject: Re: Muyo OVA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:19 pm 
Galaxy Police Officer (9)

First off, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Second, stick around.

THIRD! Uhm... is it possible you could be more specific? If you're referring to the OVAs, then that should total up to 20 episodes - 4 DVDs on the official release for the original 2 OVAs, and three for the more recent one licensed by FUNimation. So that sounds right

HOWEVER, there's so much more to Tenchi Muyo than just the Ryo-Ohki OVAs. There's been two TV show spin-offs in alternate universes, varying in quality. If you like the OVAs, give "Tenchi Universe" a try; and if you don't, avoid Tenchi in Tokyo like the plague. Heck, either way, avoid Tenchi in Tokyo like the plague.

Hope I've helped.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:12 am 

GP Classification:
Magical Weakling
I think that Bkev pretty much got it right, but there are even more spinoffs/universes than indicated by him. Wikipedia lists 13 distinct series or stories - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo#External_links (view the Tencho Muyo template)

This area is for really for questions about the forum itself, so I'll move this thread to the merchandise section where others might see it to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:11 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Historian Magnate
Thanks for the info both of you!

But the thing I was more worried about was when I watched the special on the last disk of the 3rd OVA when those two annoying women were discussing the show. The referred to other people summoning Light Hawk Wings aside from Tenchi and Z. This fact was completely new and Earth shattering to me (no pun intended :D).

It just seemed sort of random. If you don't know about it then I'm probably studying Tenchi more than need be.

I've seen everything except for the Mihoshi Special, Pretty Sammy, and GXP. Getting all the GXP now and will probably nerd it up with the other two after the semester.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 am 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Historian Magnate
bkev wrote:
First off, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Second, stick around.

Thanks for the welcome! I do plan on sticking around.

If you've heard of it, 4chan is getting on my nerves. Damn my sister for making me like funny pictures from 12 year olds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:45 pm 

XD! Also, I love your avatar. And also, definitely worth seeing PS and the Mihoshi Special; both are quite funny.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:56 am 
Site Admin (10)

crumpets the wise wrote:
Thanks for the info both of you!

But the thing I was more worried about was when I watched the special on the last disk of the 3rd OVA when those two annoying women were discussing the show. The referred to other people summoning Light Hawk Wings aside from Tenchi and Z. This fact was completely new and Earth shattering to me (no pun intended :D).

It just seemed sort of random. If you don't know about it then I'm probably studying Tenchi more than need be.

I've seen everything except for the Mihoshi Special, Pretty Sammy, and GXP. Getting all the GXP now and will probably nerd it up with the other two after the semester.

Sorry for reviving old post. Yeah 4Chan is terrible now. Years back it actually had real topics, not this "post ending in 00 is "X"" stuff.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:45 pm 
A-1 Class Criminal (3)

GP Classification:
Historian Magnate
Although, wordfilter is a random source of win. Besides that, even caturday got lame.

[ 8 posts ]